‘Co-Parenting During and After Divorce’ with Ann Buscho (Expert Mind Talks) Episode 34
The Minds Journal invited me to talk about co-parenting during and after divorce with an international audience. I share basic information about divorce statistics, and the keys to successful co-parenting, as well as why it is vital to your children that you and your partner find a way to end the conflict and “love your kids more than you hate your ex.” I talk about specific steps you can take to ease into co-parenting, and how to best support your children.
Dr. Buscho blogs regularly at this link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/better-divorce
Here are some of her articles:
• Relationships in Quarantine: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
• COVID Divorce: Has Your Divorce Process Stalled Now?
• Caught by the Coronavirus Crisis During Your Divorce?
• How to Tell Your Kids You’re Getting a Separation or Divorce
• 4 Reasons to Have Sex With Your Ex (or Not)
• How You Can Shape Your Children’s Story of Your Divorce
• Understanding the Effects of High-Conflict Divorce on Kids
• Surviving the Holidays Without Your Kids
• Divorce, Emergency Responders, and Special Circumstances
• 8 Pieces of Rock ‘n’ Roll Divorce Wisdom
• 10 Losses You May Not Expect in Divorce
• Interview: A Gentleman’s Guide to Dealing With Your Stupid In-Laws
• How to Tell Your Spouse You Want a Separation or Divorce
• Finding Clarity: How Do I Make the Decision to Divorce?
• We Should Change the Adversarial Language of Divorce
• Is it Possible to Have a “Better Divorce”?
• Can Nesting Help You Have a Better Divorce?
• Interview: What’s Wrong with Apologies and How to Make Them Right
• How You Can Apologize to Your Children, or Should You?
• Apologies and Forgiveness: Do They Go Together?
• How to Talk About Your Ex to Your Kids
• Interview: Are You Getting a Divorce and Thinking About Nesting?
• How to Help Your Children Avoid the Minefield Of Divorce
• How to Create a Successful Parenting Plan
• Tips to Beat the “First Valentine’s Day Alone” Blues
• 6 Steps to Express What Really Matters to You
• Is Nesting During Divorce an Option for You?
• How to De-escalate Conflict During Divorce
• 7 Ways a Divorce Coach Can Make Your Divorce Easier
• How to Get Divorced Like an Adult
• Is it Possible to Have a “Better Divorce?”
• How to Deescalate Conflict in a Divorce
• Interview: How to Make Peace with Your Ex
• Family Law: Divorce Options and the Collaborative Practice
• Must We Say We Did Not Love?–
• How Did Self-Care Get Co-opted by Big Business?
• No Cost Self-Care During Divorce? Is That Even Possible?
• Ten Reasons to Hate Your Ex Forever
• Assessing Your Ability to Co-Parent after Divorce
• Helping Clients Work Through Conflict During A Divorce: The Difference Between Understanding and Agreement
• Tips for LGBT Divorce Work (California)
- Nesting & Other Child-Centered Parenting Plans with Dr. Ann Buscho on Divorce Dialogues
- March Hahn interview on podcast, “Divorce, What to Expect.”
- Podcast on Apple iTunes
- Finding Clarity on Your Relationship’s Health
- Understanding Collaborative Divorce with Ann Buscho
- Making Separation or Divorce Less Traumatic for Children
- A Good Divorce? – How to Assess, Educate, Screen, & Speak with Your Clients About Collaborative Divorce
- The Joy of Pregnancy
- Divorce Dialogues Featuring Dr. Ann Buschodivo–
Dr. Buscho is eager to talk about “Nesting for Happier Children.” She regularly gives a workshop titled “Divorce Options.” Here is a selection of training and workshops she has presented:
• “Nesting for Happier Children: A New Approach to Preserving the Family and Putting Children First During Divorce” at CP California conference, April 2019
• “Forgive for Good,” a weeklong workshop at Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico), May 2017 and a second date TBA.
• “Practice Group Dynamics” at Collaborative Professionals of Tel Aviv, December 2016
• “Using Brainwriting to Elicit and Develop Ways to Reduce Costs in Collaborative Cases” at Collaborative Practice California (Los Angeles, CA), April 2015
• “Sharing the Nest: Redefining Separation in a Difficult Economy” at International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, October 2011
• “Sharing the Nest: Redefining Separation in a Difficult Economy” at Marin County Community Mental Health, February 2011
• “From Grievance to Agreement: Adding Forgiveness Practices to our Collaborative Toolbox” at International Academy of Collaborative Practice (Washington, DC), October 2010
“With her compassion, wisdom, extensive experience with divorcing families, Ann Buscho is a prominent blogger whose talent as a writer is wired into her DNA (she is the daughter of a prominent novelist). Dr. Buscho is now sharing with a much larger audience her exceptional knowledge of how to succeed at the child-friendly shared custody arrangement known as “birdnesting” or “nesting.” If you know any families whose parents are divorcing, you’ll be doing the entire family a huge favor by gifting them this practical, intelligent, and very readable book.”
~Pauline Tesler, Director, Integrative Law Institute at Commonweal; Trainer/Workshop Leader; Keynote Speaker; Collaborative Lawyer.Co-founder of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and Author of
The Revolutionary New Way to Restructure Your Family, Resolve Legal Issues, and Move on with Your Life