‘Co-Parenting During and After Divorce’ with Ann Buscho (Expert Mind Talks) Episode 34
The Minds Journal invited me to talk about co-parenting during and after divorce with an international audience. I share basic information about divorce statistics, and the keys to successful co-parenting, as well as why it is vital to your children that you and your partner find a way to end the conflict and “love your kids more than you hate your ex.” I talk about specific steps you can take to ease into co-parenting, and how to best support your children.
Dr. Buscho blogs regularly at this link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/better-divorce
Here are some of her articles:
Dr. Buscho is eager to talk about “Nesting for Happier Children.” She regularly gives a workshop titled “Divorce Options.” Here is a selection of training and workshops she has presented:
• “Nesting for Happier Children: A New Approach to Preserving the Family and Putting Children First During Divorce” at CP California conference, April 2019
• “Forgive for Good,” a weeklong workshop at Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico), May 2017 and a second date TBA.
• “Practice Group Dynamics” at Collaborative Professionals of Tel Aviv, December 2016
• “Using Brainwriting to Elicit and Develop Ways to Reduce Costs in Collaborative Cases” at Collaborative Practice California (Los Angeles, CA), April 2015
• “Sharing the Nest: Redefining Separation in a Difficult Economy” at International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, October 2011
• “Sharing the Nest: Redefining Separation in a Difficult Economy” at Marin County Community Mental Health, February 2011
• “From Grievance to Agreement: Adding Forgiveness Practices to our Collaborative Toolbox” at International Academy of Collaborative Practice (Washington, DC), October 2010
“With her compassion, wisdom, extensive experience with divorcing families, Ann Buscho is a prominent blogger whose talent as a writer is wired into her DNA (she is the daughter of a prominent novelist). Dr. Buscho is now sharing with a much larger audience her exceptional knowledge of how to succeed at the child-friendly shared custody arrangement known as “birdnesting” or “nesting.” If you know any families whose parents are divorcing, you’ll be doing the entire family a huge favor by gifting them this practical, intelligent, and very readable book.”
~Pauline Tesler, Director, Integrative Law Institute at Commonweal; Trainer/Workshop Leader; Keynote Speaker; Collaborative Lawyer.Co-founder of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and Author of
The Revolutionary New Way to Restructure Your Family, Resolve Legal Issues, and Move on with Your Life